Monday, February 15, 2010

Obsession: Cupcakes!


{image via flickr}

Yay! I'd first like to start by welcoming you to my blog of good randomness. I can't tell you how excited I am to start blogging. It's been on my New Year's resolution, and as you can tell, it's finally starting to kick in. Although, I must admit, I'm a bit nervous. You never know what people will think of your thoughts or ideas. But, it's all good. I just hope to inspire by showing you some of my cute finds/ideas. And, considering this is my first blog for the year, I thought it would only be fitting to talk about one of my true loves in life–no not that kind of love–I was thinking more along the lines of food–sweets!!

Seriously. My addiction for sugary items can be out of control at times. But I can't help it–I LOVE DESSERTS. Ask anyone–my friends, my family, my co-workers, my boyfriend–they'll tell you just how obsessed I am.

And, at the top of my sugar-obsessed list is, none other than, cupcakes. I don't know why, but there is something so yummy about cupcakes, maybe it's because they're like finishable (is that even a word?) cakes but in a mini-size. So where do I get my sugary stash every time I have a sweet craving? That's easy–Flour Studio (flourstudio.com), located at Yonge and Eglinton. And, if they weren't so far from where I live, I think I would be there almost every day.

Pictured above are some of their delicious cupcakes, from left to right: mint chocolate, caramel de sel (has a decadent caramel filling) and chocolate topped with raspberry icing. If you haven't been here yet, you just GOTTA TRY IT! I also noticed they added some yummy tarts to their every day selection–I have yet to try them–but I'm sure they're just as delish as their cupcakes. Oh, andddd to top it all off, they also make some beautiful floral arrangements, so it's a 2-in-1 store.

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic! I love that floral dress. I think you would look absolutely cute in it. If I come by any cupcake sites, I'll make sure I send it your way.... Though I think you might hv alrdy seen it all, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks Grace!!! And nooooo. I can always use more cupcake sites. Please do send.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with you and sweets! Luckily you're here because I'd be the only one with this weird, "I NEED to have dessert after each meal, except for breakfast (sometimes) person".

    ReplyDelete
  4. amaaaazing blog so far roseanne!! i saw the link on FB and i just HAD to check it out =) love that the first post is about cupcakes. if you're ever @ yonge+eg again, there's the Cupcake Shop around there...they have scrumptious cupcakes when you need some re-fueling from shopping around the area!

    ReplyDelete